From Brian T. Cafferelli, Commissioner:
During the 2023 session of the Connecticut State Legislature, a number of law changes were enacted that impact licensed electricians and plumbers.
These changes will:
- ensure apprenticeship sponsors properly register both their apprenticeship programs and apprentices, with potential fines for failing to do so;
- allow contractors to apply for building permits online, where that functionality exists;
- increase the minimum fine for failing to provide time and wage records to not less than one thousand dollars per offense;
- increase the fine for violating a stop work order to five thousand dollars per offense;
- implement an annual registration fee of sixty dollars per apprentice for apprenticeship sponsors; and
- require an annual apprentice report by apprenticeship sponsors.
Attached is a handout highlighting some relevant sections of these new laws. Please incorporate this information into the curriculum for upcoming Continuing Education courses for electricians and plumbers.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org